Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day

I usually think of Memorial day, as the start of summer, briskett and watermelon, swimming and a day home with my sweet husband. But today, there is much more on my mind. I just saw a kid running down the street holding an American Flag, flapping in the wind. He stuck it in his front yard. Suddenly today is more than deviled eggs and a day off from school lunch making. We are truly blessed to live here and have the freedoms that we do, so I think I will swim and eat and enjoy the start of summer, but with a more greatful heart for those who serve.

Family, Friends, Fun, FREEDOM!! Happy Memorial Day

2 comments:

Elaine Pettit said...

Hey woman how are you doing? Hope all is well...haven't seen you in awhile...any plans for the summer...?

Janelle said...

like the new backgroun, but I'm ready for your vacation to be over, come home!