Monday, April 14, 2008

SOLD!!!!!



So, this weekend was the annual garage sale for our neighborhood. I love that it is annual, and last year we had three. The sign goes up 3 days before the sale and I start gearing up. We love to open the blinds and see all the tables set up in driveways full of, well let's face it now, JUNK. But, I love it!!!! I know my sister-in-laws, (B,T,M), dad and my favorite bargain hunter friend J* can understand the thrill. Garage sales, or dumpster diving, what ever your fancy is still fun. There is something about finding that treasure, and snagging it, before someone else does. Mostly junk, but I did score on shorts for Austin. The big play house for 40 bucks was gone. Bummer!!! I think what I like about it, is finding something perfect and then hearing the seller say $5 and I will not go any lower, that is a family treasure. Then, I love to bargain, it is such a thrill, and most people can't believe you would ask for it lower on something so valueable, they give you the UM,"five", you say UM"THREE" they say SOLD. Family treasure what???? Sonny and Heath love it just as much, they just love to spend money, who cares what it is. All in all we had a fun Sat morning, and I'm sure we will have fun next, year, oh I mean just kidding!!! when in a few months, they have the annual sale. HEE HE
p.s. that car we did get at a garage sale, but not this one.

2 comments:

Janelle said...

You know I LOVE to find a steal of a deal!

Trina Davis said...

My kids are to old now but when they were toddlers, I wanted one of these so bad. We used one in Utah when we visited cousins and it was so FUN. I could run around with out breaking my back. What a concept. Maybe we'll get one for the next one in a few more years. My kids are now into the BIG BOY and BIG GIRL bikes. Yes, the ones with training wheels. Yeehaw!
trina
ps
we are definitely garage sale sisters :-)