Thursday, June 26, 2008

Do you live in a sweaty city?

So, as you know I love stupid random things, such as DO YOU LIVE IN A SWEATY CITY? Found out today, that we live in the 7th sweatiest city in America. I know, how can that be right? For the love of deodorant, can anywhere be sweatier than Houston in the summer? But, it is true we are number 7. There are 6 citites sweatier than we are. YES!! So, I deserve no sympathy when I came back from my 7 a.m. walk glistening. But, I was sad to learn that in the #1 city, PHOENIX residents are sweating our 26.4 ounces per hour of good old American sweat. That is the equivalent of 2 full soda can per day just by living there. Holy sweat glands that is amazing. So, I decided to take that number and divide by seven. According to this data, (I am such the science girl, look out scientific method) we sweat out 3.77 ounces per day. That is the equivalent of well just some sweaty arm pits. I am convinced that if I lived there I would be 2 soda cans thinner, today. Go Phoenix you hot dogs!! Here's to the heat!!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Ummmm--gross. :)

Janelle said...

I could've told you without evenlooking we were somewhere on that list... And you'd think all that sweating would make us skinnier, ...haven't seen those results yet.

Craig Smith said...

You crack me up Kathleen :) I love random bits of info too. Thanks for sharing your "knowledge"!