Sunday, August 16, 2009

"THAT STOOL"



I bought the cutest step stool from a garage sale last year for the downstairs powder room. You know the kind, red, sassy, and adorably perfect. I told Sonny it was for kids to reach the sink to wash their hands, or to step up to get water. Secretly, I just like to see it when I walk by. It would look delicatable in the boys upstairs bathroom,(matches my red and white stripped shower curtain). But the last few months, it has been used as so much more than the fascilitator to clean hands, and thirst free wee ones. It is out in the living room, dining room, kitchen, the stairs or any place it is not supposed to be, and everyday, the male Jackson's hear this, "Why, is this stool not in the bathroom, where it goes, patiently waiting to be thrust into action"?
The real question should be asked of me. Why, do I not move it upstairs, and why do I have the need to see that red stool. Who would think that glancing in on my little red stool when I walk by, could give me such joy.
I guess it is true what they say geogrpahy is validy, I guess, right? And, when did the craziness get out weighed by the cuteness. We all have adorable, sassy, red stools in our lives that make us crazy, but make us smile. The point is to just enjoy them for who or what they are, crazy or not. Or, where ever they may be.

1 comment:

Mom said...

I know Austin would have withdrawal if you moved that cute little stool. It provides access to the cabinet, things high up in the fridge and gives him independence although all of the mess drives you crazy.