Thursday, October 4, 2012

GORDgeous

Ok, So I am not over the book page decor look (remember the wreath from Oct 1 post) I decided to spruce up one of my nonflattering gords with an nontradtional, nonexpensive, and nonpinterest (I think) idea. (like all my non's) My house is gray,black and white with pops of color here and there. When I get out the orange and black it sticks out and looks funny, like I tried to hard, and bothers me. So I decided to make a change this year, who says you have to have black and orange anyway. So I got a divorce from the traditional Halloween colors and went "retroween" this year
First you need an old book (The Black Shadow (very appopriate) .83 cents from a thrift store) Paint Brush, Gord, Modge Podge
Next, an old gord, (mine looks, chewed up, spit out and booed off stage)
Next, paint the glue all over the pumpkin and cover with pages of book, working with thinner stripes worked better. Rub it all down, no rough edges. It will appear gooey, it will dry clear.
Last, let it dry REALLY well.
Enjoy and thank people for the compliments. I love mine.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I've seen these on Pinterest ahemmmm but also painted with glitter...lol! Nothing wrong with Pinterest!! I do like it better than the origional for sure!!

Kathleen Jackson said...

I am not on pinterest!! but great minds think a lot I guess.

Jen S said...

YOU are NOT on pinterest???? girl, repent. ps miss seeing ya in the hall or at baby daze or at the nativity... btw, you in charge of that this year??? ;0 luv yr blog, u r hilarious