Tuesday, January 20, 2009





Box of cheerios on the floor,
Forgot stuff at the store,
House lacking the right paint color,
No real vision of a dinner plan.
It is my life, I am feeling overwhelmed and uninspired until I think about what real blessings I have today in......





The friend that trusted me to watch her children.




The neighbor that told me they were glad we lived here.




The friend who embraced my unannounced visit with snacks



The brother who calls to see how my kids are doing



The two year old that gives kisses and love



The friend who loves my kids like their own



The parents who let my kids eat all the cherries from the jar they want



The friend who invites us to watch movies and feeds us candy



The five year old that smiles with out a front tooth.



The husband that loves me and listens to my needs



The friend that told me I was capable of painting my own murals for the living room



The in laws that tell me they love me like their own daughter



The brother in law that tells me I am great and visits my kids



The teacher who thinks Heath is smart and capable and great



The sister in laws that check on us in Texas, and teach us about parenting



The friend that posts pics of me from HS on facebook, to remind me of my glory and skinny days



The nieces and nephews that share a love of family and snow play with my kids



The best friend from HS who was my great competition, greatest cheerleader and still my friend



The life that is always only mine!!!!



It is full and rich and real, (and still needs a dinner plan)













4 comments:

Elaine Pettit said...

Hey girl....I like the close up shot of you.....You are wonderful!!!! in every way. Take care Elaine

Meg said...

Overwhelmed and uninspired I understand. It gets rough sometimes, but there is always the good stuff. I love posts like this that remind me to think of all the wonderful blessings I have. Thanks.

Janelle said...

You should be a motivational writer, and I love the beautiful picture of you!

Craig Smith said...

You amaze me Kathleen! You always have the perfect thing to say and the perfect way to say it - I envy that in you. Great pic BTW!