Tuesday, July 8, 2008

4th of July Parade



















I have to start out by saying how much I love the Fourth of July. I love everything patriotic about it. I love picnics, the beach, families, fun, fireworks, watermelon, parades. Especially parades. The parade where we live is a tradition we have had in our family since the early 80's. It has changed so little since I was young. Mom and Dad would take me to the bike decorating and fishing contests. We would sit in lawn chairs and wait for all the floats. The location and floats have changed, but the patriotic spirit in our community has not. What a great wholesome family activity. People lining the street to watch the parade and collect candy. The kids had a great time, dancing, singing, waving and eating treats. It is great to see friends and neighbors out in the heat, celebrating the fourth of July. I love exposing my kids to the same memories and traditions of my youth. We had a great time, and the kids were so happy celebrating the freedoms of our country. God Bless the USA.

4 comments:

Craig Smith said...

I agree with you - the 4th Rocks!! We love the parade too. What could be better than sitting with family and friends and getting free stuff handed to you like crazy. Gotta love it :)

Analee said...

Your weather looks COMPLETELY different than ours! Congrats on the house and everything. It is a beautiful house and I agree about the back yard. Your own little paradise! Thanks for letting me know about your blog! Now we can keep in touch, right? Say "hi" to Sonny and the kiddos!

Analee

Elaine Pettit said...

Hey looks like you guys had lots of fun....and you bought a home I am so excited for you...when is the house warming party....Sorry I missed your call....We so need to get together...Alright I will chat with you later...EP

Mom said...

I too remember our 4th celebrations through the years. Such fun. Mom