Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A penny saved

So, today Heath was in school, and I went to the store for milk, and deodorant, and something else, (but, I seem to have forgotten what it was). But, I am very sure it was important. What I thought would be a quick trip in with one child, soon was distracted by the doughnut that Austin had to have. I then got home with the milk, and deodorant, and forgot the other thing. As I was unloading the milk, the plastic bag carrying the milk ripped, sending the milk rolling down the driveway spilling out as it went. I was so disgusted, mad, and sweaty, (hence the need for deodorant). But, as they say don't cry over spilled milk, *eyeroll*, so back to the store, where I forgot the 3rd thing (which I might remember soon) and more milk. While I was there, I noticed the cake mixes that were marked down from 1.50 to 20 cents, cake for 20 cents what a steal, being the cake lover I am I bought 4. Four cakes to eat for 80 cents. I had hit the jack pot. But, to go with the cake I had to by frosting, ice cream, and then for some reason I needed cones. So, $6.90 later, I have saved no money. So, four hundred pennies saved is 6 dollars spent. Oh well. LET US EAT CAKE!!!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

AMEN to the cake! :)

Janelle said...

it's always about the cake, right?

Meg said...

This blogging world is getting smaller all the time. I was looking at Analee's blog and saw your comment so I checked out your blog. I had no idea you had another baby or where you were living now. It's been a long time. You can check out my blog, too.

Meg (Poulson) Moores